Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Finished Silence of the Lambs - in one go (though that didn't help me in any way in staying awake in college yesterday :| ), and I must say it was totally worth staying up till 5, and being at the receiving end of Mayur's tirade for coming late to college.
Anyways, the book deals with psychiatry, more specifically, a psychotic serial killer and a homicidal genius. The entire plot , character development, and mind play demonstrated throughout the books is marvelous, even if bizarre in a way, and I'm totally looking forward to seeing the movie now.

My current obsession is psychiatry, and I'm also reading a couple of books related to it right now. (Again - got myself into trouble over reading one in class :| ) But that made Silence of the Lambs even more itneresting, though I guess this is another of my obsessions which will fade away in a couple of weeks!!

Next on my list to read - The Hobbit. Though I doubt I'll be so enthu as to put in even a partial nightout to read it at a stretch. But felt great to be back to reading books, full-fledged, in the middle of a hectic sem!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you haven't seen the movie!!??

Abhishek said...

Recommend "The Hobbit" highly. Good old classic fable! - I doubt if JRR imagined what i would turn out to be.

Praveen said...

Hi,
Thats for you.
I get ur mail id from google Blogger,
for further detail see praveenpalkhade@gmail.com
Have a nice day
Take care

Abha said...

hey i dont know whether you read non-fiction with equal vigour...but since you seem to be intrested in psychiatry..i would suggest you Daniel Goleman's "Emotional Intelligence"..found it pretty insightful.

Sanika said...

@Yash - No, I haven't..
@Abhishek - Yeah, still haven't gotten around to finishing it though :(
@Praveen - Did not get what you were saying?
@Abha - Sure, I'll check it out.. Love reading such books, but I end up picking the too theoretical ones when I try to read up anything related to psychiatry.. If you have any more books to recommend, would love that :)